Just bought some new equipment!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Classified, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

So normally I wouldnt post something like this but for some reason im so excited i can hardly contain myself.

The story:

I called my mower dealer to see about a price for a mower for a friend. She tells me that they dont have it in stock and cant order it because next friday they are closing shop for good. After 24 years in the biz they are shutting it down. they want to retire and they tried selling with no luck.

So she tells me they are trying to get rid of whats left, i sped over to check out the inventory.

Not a ton of stuff left but they had a blubird aerator i think its about 26" wide or so thats brand new. I got it for $2k. finally i dont have to rent anymore! I am so excited about this

Next is they had a used bedshaper. It only has about 10-20 hours of use over the last 2 years they have had it. I got it for $1900 plus he is throwing in the flailing blade in extra on top of the regular blade. I have been drooling over this machine for awhile and now i own one, stoked!

I also picked up a brand new Echo 261t for $200

and a bunch of air and oil filters.

How do you think I did? I think the prices were good but honestly, id rather not own the stuff and keep my dealer in business but that isnt going to happen, they are done. It really sux since i have spent alot of time and money there and got a good relationship going with them and now its time to start all over.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Take your equipment and start a new relationship with another dealer ASAP ...be glad you got those deals and Good Luck this season.
  3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I love getting deals when places close up!
  4. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

are you saying to go to whatever dealer i choose with my equipment in tow or are you just saying get what you got and head to the next place and start over.

Im really bummed that im having to start over, Id pay MSRP in order to keep my dealer open. they are the nicest people and love their job, but you can only take so much which i totally understand.

Oh well, life goes on right?

Yeah me too but hate the fact its because my dealer is closing. ahh well, what can ya do.