Just Bought the Redmax EBZ8000 blower..wow!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Jul 5, 2005.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

After selling my 2002 Echo PB650 Blower, I followed the recommendations of many on this site and purchased the Redmax EBZ800 blower. I used it today and all I can say is...unreal. This thing is awesome from its fanatastic engine to its amazing blowing power to its air conditioned back. I thought the 650 was good but this surpasses it. I can stand at the top of a small driveway and blow debris into the street without much moving. Can't wait till the leaves fall! Thank you to all for your help and advice. I appreciate it a lot.

2. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Joed

Welcome to the EBZ8000 users. The power is a given and wait tell leaf season. The thing I am starting to appreciate is the fuel savings of the Stratocharged engines over conventional 2 cycles for a similar amount of power output. Less fuel dollars and less time filling the tanks. Even with its significant power it will throttle down/idle well for the delicate work. The noise signature seems more pleasing than some of the smaller blowers that seem to have a high pitch "whine" when throttled up.

Wayne

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

1/2 Throttle on the 8000 is Equivilent to a Stihl BR420 or 550...3/4 Throttle is a Redmax 7001....4/5 throttle is a Echo 650/750...

The Bad Boy 8000 is a Driveway Blowing Monster.

4. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

We are currently running the PB 650's from Echo. They appear to be great machines and we've never had problems but we definetly want to get some Redmax's in the near future (definetly before leaf season)!

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Isn't it very heavy? I was thinking about the eb7001 for less than that one.

6. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Any one have any pics???