1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just bought the Shin eb8510rt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottfarmn, Jul 21, 2008.

1. scottfarmn

scottfarmn LawnSite Member

Let the bashing begin. I've read so much bashing of different brands on this site I really don't know what blower is the best buy. I had a Stihl br400 that had two coils go bad, but otherwise gave very good service. I have never had any engine have a coil go bad on anything else I have ever owned. That's why I decided to switch brands. Anyone getting good service out of the 8510. I know---br600. I have read just as many bad things about the Stihl as I have the Shin.
  2. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

I bought the same blower in November last year. Most powerful BP blower I have ever used. I don't like the way this blower doesn't hold up on the hardware end. The tubes routinely come off and the control arm is subpar. But, no question, the huge power of this blower (and the high price) makes it worthwhile.
  3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa is a great brand.
  4. scottfarmn

scottfarmn LawnSite Member

Had bought this blower over the phone and when I went to pick it up, the two recalls (impeller replacement and muffler replacement had not been done. He showed me the new impeller complared to the old and the fins were half as big. So no wonder the 8510 owners felt a noticable reduction in blower power when they had the impeller recall done. I opted out of buying it. This model has been discontinued until august of 08 when they are coming out with the 8520. I opted out of buying it and will get the br600.