just brought gravely 34z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wecutgrass, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass LawnSite Senior Member

Alright well im going to buy my first ztr this weekend and its a gravely 34z. I would like to no everything i should do to the machine to get it ready for this mowing season. I no about buying the bigger tires and all but im wondering if there is anything else i should no. thanks for any input.

2. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Be sure to fill it up with gas...kidding. Congrats on the new Gravely, I know I love my 152Z. I looked at a 34Z at the dealer the other day, that is one heavy duty little machine. I would love to have one as well. I found with my 152 that the stock Gravely high-lifts are the best all-round, especially for all the bahia I have around here. I have a mulch kit on my 152, works great. I know that Accelerator builds a side mount catcher for it, if you do any bagging. Good luck with it this year.

3. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you pm me with your email I can send you the owners manual, parts, manual and engine parts manual in pdf format.

4. Wecutgrass

Haha thanks man I almost forgot about the gas. And ya ima pm you clear difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I have to admit these mowers have caught my interest lately. How are they in terms of rutting due to weight? How do they compare with a Wright 32 stander?

6. Wecutgrass

i heard that all you have to do is get 20x10x10 tires...something like that i have the link saved on my email. besides that they are just fine.

7. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i never had a rutting problem with mine and i still have the stock tire size. what year is your mower wecutgrass and how many hours?

8. Wecutgrass

350 hours...2008
    got it for 3000 bucks.

9. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

cool you will like the mower.

10. Wecutgrass

im really excited...all my friends are getting annoyed about how i keep talking about it. haha