1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just buy Walmart 2cycle oil and stop the nonsense.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Dec 21, 2007.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I'm a bit bored but these two cycle oil threads are getting old. There is no Super Synthetic oil to blow you to the moon. I switched to Walmart 2 cyle over a year ago no problems at all. In 4mixes redmax and Shindy. My buddy's been using Walmart in his 2 cycles for ten years. He's the best small engine mechanic I know. I've used Opti 2, Amsoil, Stihl Ultra etc. Just trying to save you guys from wasting your money.
  2. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

But then I would have to go to Wal-Mart. Too many old people and dumbasses there.
  3. HenryB

I agree the place gives me a headache.I actually think any two cycle oil will do. Mixed right. I do find it odd my 4mixes run best on Walmart. Go figure.:confused:
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

How much is the Wal-Mart oil?

I bought two cases (48 bottles each) of Shindaiwa Oil for just under $1.00/bottle. This is the 2.5 gal. mix.
  5. HenryB

I think it'd $10 a gallon.:waving:
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I too have been using Walmart 2 Cycle oil for years with no problems......
  7. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

like that has ever stopped you before:laugh:
  8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I just had a marine mechanic (an older guy who really knows his stuff) tell me to NEVER buy Wal-Mart 2-cycle or marine lubricants. Oh well, we all have our opinions.
  9. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You know your right. I hate going there. For some reason or another even though I hate going there, I usually have to for one reason or another. I know I wouldn't just go there for oil though. Maybe if I think of it while I am there but no special trips. LOL.
  10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Was there any actual reason given for this advice? Some kind of traceable trend in catastrophic engine failures due to poor lubricity from Wal-Mart 2-cycle oil?

I don't use it and won't but if faced with the decision of using it or going without, I wouldn't hesitate. I have no reason for not using it other than I have a case of John Deere 2 cycle to get me through until spring and then I will be buying a couple of cases of Stihl Ultra at the big spring sale.