1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Buying Equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Jun 12, 2006.

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

2007 I will launch my new Lawn Service in Louisville KY... Wish me luck, I got to admit I'm a little scared of failing...
  2. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

I hope to see you around town, good luck getting started. My company does work in Louisville, E-town, Bowling Green and a few other places close by. There is a lot of business around Louisville so hopefully you will find plenty of work. Remember Insurance is a big deal, and is not an option.

Thanks for the advice.. Yep Insurance is key. I know the company I work for won't hire any contractor without 1,000,000,000 in Insurance. So I may start with 500,000. Any advice where to get insurance? Thanks
  4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't think I can afford a billion in insurance!:eek:
  5. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Im just curious do you really have a truck that you just drive for estimates? i know its a small pickup but i hope you are giving dozens and dozens a day and its possible with your other fleet of trucks

Yeah that would be very expensive... I ment 1 million in Full Coverage my bad. Sorry:laugh:
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Shop around! Don't buy the first price you get!
  8. dbowlby

dbowlby LawnSite Member

Hey good luck with the new business!! I started mine a year ago and it has been a non-stop learning experience. Take it slow and don't try to bite off more than you can chew!!:)