Just call me Rocky Balboa!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN GALLO, May 20, 2002.

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Because lately all I do is get beat-up by my customers! This is an absolute brutal Spring for me this year. I'm spending 3X the amount of time I usually spend on my lawns - and still the complaints keep rolling in. Just yesterday I spent 2hrs. on a customer's lawn that usually takes 35min. The person watched out the window the whole time I mowed, and saw me cutting 5" off the grass! Today they leave a message on my machine saying "it doesen't even look like you cut any off". :mad: They proceed to compare it to another yard that is being scalped low, and cut every 3 days! It's getting hard to stay calm lately. :angry:
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Sorry to hear that Rocky.:(
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You Yanks sure got it bad with that quick growin' stuff.......all we have to worry about is Bermuda getting ahead of us. Centipede grows so slow in most yards that you have to lower your deck to find it!:)
  4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Forget ''Road Rage" now its "Lawn Guy Rage",I know how you feel,I had a customer I took over with my new area,she complained every time I've mowed the lawn,her complaints were totally stupid,the other day she flagged me down as I was driving past,she started off on another list of crazy complaints,needless to say I told her to phone an opposition company,cause I wont be back there,unfortunately theres always a few who escape from the Cuckoos nest.Dump them you dont need the aggrevation.
  5. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Dear Brian, those persons moved to Tallahassee some weeks ago...started saying the same thing to me.

A certain percentage of people look for something to complain about and then when 'something' does not go their way they look for someone to blame.

One of these days I'm going to pull a "Network" scene on them and say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

customers better watch it, lawn man gonna go "postal" on everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

those crazy complaints drive me crazy, i know exactly how u feel man.