1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just Can't Help Myself

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Nov 25, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Spent a couple of days up in Antioch, CA with my son and his wife for the Thanksgiving holiday. The wife and I took a walk to a neighborhood park and I just couldn't help myself taking pictures of irrigation items that need repairing.:laugh:

Have to admit that the park was quite nice with all its dark green fescue grass but that's the difference between the hot valley where I live and the cooler east bay area.:)

Almondridge Park IV-01.jpg

Almondridge Park IV-02.jpg

Almondridge Park IV-03.jpg

Almondridge Park IV-04.jpg

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

That box must have been beaned hard to break the one beneath the riser in the same spot :)

I do the same thing, my wife hates it.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Amazing what the trained eye can discern :p

4. PurpHaze

Hell... When you've been in it as long as we have even little things are like getting hit up side the head with a shovel.:laugh:

5. PurpHaze

My wife was actually the one that brought it to my attention first. I was busy taking pictures of the kids and their dogs and was turned the other way when she discovered it. :)

The kids just moved into their first home and naturally I've been "volunteered" to redesign the landscaping and irrigation at their house when they're ready for it. They have a lot of clean-up to do (not that the yards are in bad shape or anything)... tearing out what they don't want, etc. I took measurements while there and have already done up a plot plan for them and sent it via email.:laugh:

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My wife and I went to the SilverWood Theme park in Idaho last year and they had a lot of the system in plain view.

Nelson Rotors and Toro sprayheads, if I recall correctly, a little weird, because you don't see any Nelsons and most of the toro sprays are phased out here.

I spent a lot of time analyzing their system while I waited 20 minutes to ride a 15 second ride :)