1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just changed to a responsively designed website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by feriamsidera, Mar 31, 2014.

1. feriamsidera

feriamsidera LawnSite Member

2. yardsites

yardsites Inactive

Two quick thoughts:

1. You can probably get rid of one of the menus at medium width (tablet) - having it two places can confuse some people.

2. Make your logo smaller - it's HUGE on a phone (almost the entire screen).

3. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

I would not change a thing! Very clean and easy to navigate and read. Colors are perfect. All information is thorough and well written.

4. webeminence

webeminence LawnSite Member

Looks pretty good. I would maybe consider losing the slider graphics at smallest screen sizes. They become so small that they are hard to see and they just take up space. I agree that shrinking the logo space vertically would be a good idea. I don't think the logo itself is too big, but there may be too much margin space.

5. feriamsidera

feriamsidera LawnSite Member

Yardsites: Thank you for your suggestions. I didn't notice the dual menus but I have fixed that in CSS.

web eminence: I'll probably maintain the logo size but decrease the margins.

ringahding: Thanks.

Thank you guys for your responses.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

The upper left menu of icons... if I'm not on mobile, and click for your phone number, it doesn't do anything in Chrome. In IE, it kicks the screen over to the href="phone number" as it's own page, rather than trying to dial. Where, and how, it's positioned led me to believe it might be a cutesy way of revealing your contact number, not trying to dial you for me.

Also, as those icons are the first interactions presented to a visitor, why send them away from your site to external locations? At a minimum, you might want to open those in a new window/tab.