Just checking in....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Cut Lawns, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Hello All
    I've snooped around the forum for some time now and thought I would register and say hello. What little time I have to get on I have spent reading the world of information on this forum.
    A little background:
    I work a full time management job with a company I have been with for 11 years. Im 45 years old. For the last 3 years I have ran a part time lawn care business and put the earnings back into the business. I have gone from being pretty scrubish (if thats a word) my first year to all commercial equipment and a professional appearance and attitude. I went from a used Grasshopper to a new ExMark. I've gone from a Ranger pickup to a full size 95 Ford F150. I went from a 4X8 Trailer to a 6'4X10', to the 16' I just recently bought. I have 18 accounts with bids out on several more. I work my mowing accounts (both residential and commercial) Mon thru Friday evenings and keep Sat. open for catching up from rain or trimming shrubs, etc. I do run it as a business and have a CPA (he makes sure I pay my taxes) and am insured. Future plans are to get out of this office and work my business full time.
    I do appreciate all the information you guys put up on the boards here at Lawnsite.com and thank you for the knowledge Ive gained. I hope to be able to contribute in some way.

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with your bids and thanks for posting, let us learn from you as you learn from all of us.

Hank

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Pro-cut,

Sounds like your off to a great start!

Feel free to share the good, the bad and the ugly with everyone.

Later,

4. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

Welcome..Pro-Cut!

5. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

Nothing like getting into the biz nice and easy like you're doing..... That way you learn most of your mistakes before you go full time.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome aboard...I'm sure you will find all of the members most helpful in your new venture.

Good Luck!