1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Curious: Can anyone tell which model/brand this is?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to pick it up tonight. I talked to the guy a few minutes ago. He said his father-in-law is old and just wants to get rid of it. It's too heavy for him and he doesn't like the straps. I'm guessing by the handles, straps, and engine size that it is commercial. I've been lookin for a starter trimmer and this looks like a good deal. 40 bucks. can't ask for much better price for a trimmer that runs good and being commercial, it might last me a while as a back-up once I upgrade. just wondering if anyone knows what brand/model it is?
  2. Ecoscape01

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well... It's an antique for sure! I'd guess it to be around 20 years old or so. Looks like it's well made, back when the name Craftsman actually meant something GOOD! If it's close to you I'd definately see if the guy would let you fire it up and see what kind of power it really has. If the motor is weak it's not worth anything. The bicycle style handles make it only good for using it out in the open, ditches, embankments, ect. Not good for everyday trimming.
  4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

40 bucks go grab that thing and if you dont like it you can sell it to me
  5. Ecoscape01

Like Jason said it's a Craftsman. The thing is a beast with a 38cc engine and if it's twenty years old, it sure doesn't look it in person. The guy cold started it for me and it started second pull. I'm gonna get my money's worth outta this thing! The guy's father-in-law used it on his 7acre property and had it serviced regularly. It's in really good shape. I'm glad I ran into it.