1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just curious where you are at.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Southern Heritage, Oct 6, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

hey chilehead, thats really great to gross 100k solo.
    what do you do mostly?

2. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

3-4 crews in spring/early summer. 2 in summer / fall. 7 crews in winter plowing. 450k. This yr. but say o1-07 we were doing same crews at 750k. Big hit when u must now work twice as hard for 40% less. Not as much landscaping/hardscaping & more maintenance. Most crews are 2-3 men No snow this year hurt my bottom line too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. clcare2

clcare2 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

A nice guideline is 125k gross per truck. Not concrete by any means but pretty close in most instances.

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

our maintenance is very weak, because it's been neglected. We also have a very large, but sparsely populated geographical area.

Concentrating on building route density next year, there are a lot of do it yourselfers in the lawn cutting world out there i need to break of that habit.

so we did 50k with one truck this year, the payroll for that crew hit 18 grand.

We have two construction/installation crews which grossed 308k this year (also incredibly weak due to some intra company issues---ie logistical crap I need to hammer out) Payroll for those crews was right around 90k.

Company is rife with hideous overhead like a two headed dragon, all things Ill be working on this winter.

5. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

All seem like pretty impressive numbers, if you're trying to gross 125k per crew, that is a lot of mowing per week for a crew. How many properties are you handing to each crew to mow a week? For a 2 man crew or a 3 man crew?

6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

As far as maintenance, my niche is high-end residential. I also do several hardscapes per year, usually in the winter.