1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Curious...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by markmana, Nov 8, 2005.

1. markmana

markmana LawnSite Member

I was just curious on what equipment everyone started with... the very start of your business.
  2. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Im still starting but, troy-bilt super bronco, homelite straight shaft trimmer homelite b/p blower (plenty of power and reliable), John Deere s/p 21", giant vac push blower, and few other things. But I chose to get a homelite blower and weedeater over echo. Im on my second year with both of them using them everyday and there holding up fine.
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

An 88 rusty dodge caravan, homemade 4 x 8 trailor (UGLY!) rusty old murray rider and push mower, a borrowed homelite blower and trimmer. Man, was I a fine looking LCO.:D

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

A 84 model ranger 1oo,ooo miles plus a old wbehind.
  5. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

chevy z71
    toro21 sp (100.00)
    weedeator trimmer (35.00)
    push broom (10.00)
    scoop shovel (7.00)
    manuel edger (10.00)
  6. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

88 Mazda Truck
    toro 21" self
    toro 44" wb
    Echo(blower, edger, trimmer)
    and some other stuff.
  7. Cooper725

Cooper725 LawnSite Member

This is my first summer so what you see below is what I started with
  8. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

Used walker mower
    homelite string trimmer
    (I think the homelite products are great for the price. I bought my first string trimmer refurbished for $60.
    homelite blower It lasted for four years without a problem until I ran over it!)
    sears 22" push mower
    borrowed truck
    borrowed trailer

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

The first maintenance rig had a Metro 48 (belt drive is the wrong way to go I have learned), Lawn Boy 21, Echo trimmers (2) stick edger and blower. Bunch of hand tools and broom, garbage can, Gas cans. oil, tools.
    Pulled behind one of my trucks in a 7x14 Pace enclosed.
    We already had a few trucks and vans but the cost of the trailer and contents run about $10K But as stated I would only start again with a Hydro unit and that would add about 2-3K.
    Today, including 3 trucks that are only landscape, we are up to about $160K in equipment.