1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

just curoius, what would you charge?mow with?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassman177, Mar 7, 2008.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have a difficult job i have been doing for 5 years. it is 190,000 ft sq of turf. it is almost all a 40%grade that is about 1500 ft long. there is about 200 trees on berms in a row with the hill. 1.5 miles of trimming approx.( this includes approx 3/4 mile of edging ) it is irrigated and all.

just wondering the range of prices for this type of job. it is weekly finish mowing. and on another note, what crew size would yo send and what mowers would you incorporate to use?

thanks, the grassman
  2. grassman177

ah come on, somebody take a stab at it, tons of guys give you way less info and you guys price it out. i just want to know what you think, and after a few posts i will tell you what we get. and what we use to cut it. i may even get some dormant pics this weekend to show you.
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

since you have been doing it what are you doing it with and how many guys and how long i am not good with paper i need to see the job but give me that info and i will tell you what i would charge
  4. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

take some pix and give us something to see. maybe you will have better luck with response.
  5. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

760 min. yup 760
  6. grassman177

ok, i will get some pics, i thought i had enough info posted to at least get some ranges you all might charge. we are doing it for way less than 760. maybe it sounds worse than it looks, know what i mean. will get pics in the morning for this, but the grass wont be green.
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Were addicted to pictures..
  8. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

$570-$600 kind of hard without pictures though
  9. grassman177

ok, ok. i will go in the morning and get some. my bad!
  10. dapiccolawn

dapiccolawn LawnSite Member

I would say around 500 would be a reasonable price to charge. I would run a three man crew on it. (9 hours total labor time /w travel??) How many labor hours do you all average on site for this job? What has your current crew size for this job been?

Thanks. Have a good one.