just did a yard renovation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dingo, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Just did a yard renovation about 2 weeks ago on my yard and was wondering when I should fert. again and what kind to use? I used lesco 10-20-20 before i seeded as a starter fert and i put down fescue seed. I live in TN and the yard is fairly shady with temps ranging from 45 to 85. The seed is really starting to pop up. so any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Dingo

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a soil test to determine how much lime and if you have any surpluses or defieciencies. If you want to go without the soil test then wait another week and apply Lesco's 24-5-11.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know where you are in TN, but I'm in memphis and the agric. ext. agency put out a warning about not using alot of nitrogen right now, because of the lack of rain.

4. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

thanks for replying to my post. Hey Hoss I am also in Memphis. Im not to worried aboutto much N cause i keep the sprinkler on pretty much all day. How do you get information from the Ag. ext.? I'll check with my lesco dealer and see what he thinks i should use. he has never done me any harm. thanks guys

Dingo

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I heard it on the news yesterday. You can go by the ag office and get all the info you can carry out. :)