Just dropped off 2000 flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jsullivanlw, Aug 12, 2008.

1. jsullivanlw

jsullivanlw LawnSite Member
    from FL

This weekend. Got 2 new lawns. My question is when do I get to quit my job? Did you guys wait till you broke even or just have enough monthly cash flow to cover liabilties?

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy killer!!!!....take it one day at a time!!!!

3. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

It's August. Where were your flyers in March? We pass out 20000 flyers every year. For the last 15 years. Are you looking for beer money, or a career?

4. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

ncls, do you and your crew pass out the flyers yourselves or do you hire it out? I'm wanting to do about 10K next spring and am trying to figure out the best way to get it done.

5. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Dude you should of quit last week as soon as you decided you were going to be a lawn care professional.

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Take it easy you over achiever. Don't know what it is like in your part of Florida but things have been pretty slow here. Usually am turning down 5 to 7 accounts during the season a week. This year have done maybe 5 whole est. Heck I may have to get a real job to support my lawn mowing addiction.

7. jsullivanlw

from FL

I just started out this year. I'll catch up to you though don't worry.:weightlifter: And I don't drink. I just work hard and dream about cutting grass!:)

8. jsullivanlw

from FL

Myself and a couple friends. Aint nothing TO it but to DO it.:walking:

9. jsullivanlw

from FL

These are the flyers I've been passing out. Which is the best?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

We pass out some. We hire Boy Scout troops to pass out some. We hire church groups to pass out some. Any non profit group will do the leg work for cheap.

Being outside of Cleveland, we have a couple of companies that pass out fliers for a living. If I print them, they pass them out for about 350.00 per 5000.