1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just finished my irrigators class

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by TexasFire221, Sep 17, 2011.

1. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Got my ass handed to me last Saturday. Not as bad as my divorce with the only difference being my ex-wife hit me harder than the other guys.
    Long story short, set my car up for a dry/firm track and ended up mud bogging in a loose/saturated track. Wrong tires, wrong suspension = me being the pinata instead of the bat.
    Go to you tube and search for the Spicewood Texas Demolition Derby 2011 - find the purple ghetto sled caddy number 00 and that's me.
  2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

It hasn't been very long since I took the exam and honestly I found it pretty easy. I finished all 4 sections by about 11:30 so I went to lunch, came back and looked over it but I felt good about my answers so I turned it in. I was the 2nd person to complete that day,even ahead of pretty much all the people that were only retaking a single section, and I had a funny exchange with the proctor.

Proctor - You done?
    Me - Yes.
    Proctor - You sure you're done?
    Me - Yeah, pretty sure.
    Proctor - OK, I'll see you next time.
    Me - Sounds good.

Got my results and the lowest I scored on any section was a 94, got a 100 on hydraulics.

This stuff isn't that complicated if you know the math, the laws and backflow. They don't ask any of the hard stuff like how to locate a shorted solenoid or how to determine if a zone has even DU or how to convince a customer that the reason 1/2 his yard is yellow and the other 1/2 is brown is because it wasn't hydrozoned worth a damn. Just review the book the night before, write down your formulas on a piece of scrap paper as soon as you sit down and double check your math and you should do fine.