Just finished my new web site. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

www.joplingreenscape.com

Don't know if any of you looked at my old one.. but I think this shoud be better. whatta ya think?

2. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

the content is great, the layout is good, but something about the blue color is funny to me. it just seems to clash and takes away from all the content. it's probably just me though.

none the less, it's still pretty darn good!

3. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

nice setup, but i agree, the blue is not jivin', maybe a lighter sprue green or something!

we are in the green industry, and boy is there many shades of it!

4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

What if a competitor is advertising a free aeration / overseeding service with sign up? Just an example, but I would not except other co. coupons.

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Your earning your dough--seven treatment on the standard...
    Shows care. Get your graphic person to outline each program with a thin green tool line. Loose the blue, keep white inside the tool line (Description area) Set these on a soft yellow not glaring for pop. Yea, I have a masters in Art as well as everything else. Hell, I'm old and been going to school forever.

6. Rayholio

I had green as the BG.. PPL complained about it bothering their eyes.. I just changed the color on the 1st page BG.. whatta you think about that color?

7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

On your services for other landscapers do you want customers reading about bumping up the profit margin? Maybe have it so other companies can request this info.
    Just a thought.

8. Rayholio

It doesn't say anything about bumping up profit margines..

to summerize it says "don't waste money on starting a chem business.. subcontract to greenscape and enjoy the profits, w/o the work / investment."

9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I will give you competitive pricing on treatments, which you can pass on to the customer, or work your own profit margin into

I like you site maybe I read this wrong.

10. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Ray: That reads much better! Backgrounds should not be noticed--Words are what you're after for prospective clients to remember. The type is a little small. I don't know if your designer can raise the points from the 6 to 10 without a lot of hassel. Just remember that people read at 12pt. Most books are of this size. Overall the site looks good.