Just finished reading the......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southern Lawns, May 20, 2001.

1. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

hearing protection post and thought about this...... How many of you wear a dust mask? I wear a paper thin dust mask from 3M, they come 50 to a box and use one a day or so. I started wearing them because of a minor throat operation a few years ago that has left me ultra sensitive to dust, the least bit would make me choke. Now I use them whenever I cut or spread Pinestraw. By the end of the day the mask is dirty. With both parents suffering from upper respitory trouble it makes me more aware of the potential trouble ahead.........so I wear the mask! For the homeowner that cuts their lawn once a week maybe not but for us, we do it day in and day out. Think about it. the masks are cheap........................;)
    Raymond

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

To hard to pick up on the ladies with one of those masks covering up my face. :laugh:

3. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

This is true! But I'm OK with that for I found the only one for me 10 years ago...... Besides my face isn't the only thing I've got going for me. :D

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I never did before but it has been so dry this year, that I have been using the paper dust mask. I have had a lot of sinus and throat irritations and mabey this will help prevent them.

5. yeah, today i was out cutting and i guess it was all the dust and whatever. my nose was running like a river and was all inflamed. my eyes were hurting me, i was coughing and sneezing real bad. felt really run down and everything. couldnt cut many today. too dry.

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I find a paper sack over my head improves my odds with the ladies.

I picked up a few dust masks last week. Certain yards I would rather look odd, than cough and hurl because I want to look cool. If worn for a prolonged period an unusual tan line will appear.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Something like a firefighter uses would be nice. It covers eyes and mouth and supplies cool oxygen! Talk about funny tan lines!

8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

ye like the women stare at the guy on the mower or with the blower come on you guys get real women dont want to see see sweaty and smelly men with farmer tans

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i would think it would be a little uncomfortable sitting on the small ztr seat with a huge scott air pack on. i think the tank would hurt a little too much lol

10. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I always wondered, "Is she checkin me out cause I am in control of a big powerful piece of machinery or laughing at the goofy glasses I got on"

Oh well, I think I know the answer, cause I have yet to score with the ladies while out cuttin'.