1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just finished this one

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by leaflandscape, Aug 27, 2007.

1. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

Nobody can say we used too many plants on this one, but I guess grass is a plant.:laugh:

leaf 2007 025.jpg

leaf 2007 029.jpg

leaf 2007 028.jpg
  2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

too many rocks then :)

quality is there but I would do a larger Maple and the loose stones I would be concerned about rolling under shoes

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

I LOVE THAT spaced vertical railing. is that a fire pit with the loose stones?
  4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

what block is that. how did you attach the vertical block?
  5. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

Nice looking work./.........
  6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good to me
  7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work, but don't like choice of material for top step, and its off centre isn't it. No pathway to the firepit, kinda strange. Overall looks like a nice job.
    My .02
  8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I do not want to bash, but i am very worried about the whole verticle block thing. I belive the industry as a whole is asking alot of adhesive. How many freeze thaw cycles will it be able to hold up through?
  9. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Love the railing, hate the loose stones. You went functional with step to the sliding door, works better that way. Symetrical on a sliding door looks better but, you only use a small portion of it. The patio looks better than the house with that vinyl siding up high.
  10. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i think that brick is old town i just finished a patio with similar pavers i used oyster blend looks real nice