just finished this one

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by EuroStone, Feb 25, 2008.

1. EuroStone

EuroStone LawnSite Member
    from florida

hi guys i am new to this site and wanted to share some pics of past jobs and maybe new ones as well. i have been doing hardscapes for 4 years now and don't see me doing anything else. love to see that there are dedicated people in here that grind it out on a daily basis. well this job has a little of everything such as pavers, stone, rewall, stucco. took us 3 guys about 3 weeks to finish it up.

arg1.jpg

arg2.jpg

arg3.jpg

arg4.jpg

arg5.jpg

2. BDisselHardscape

BDisselHardscape LawnSite Member
    from MA

Its very easy for people to sit back and pick apart something anyone does. I won't do that there is some nice flagging there and the veneer stone is kind of nice too. I have to ask why the pavers as treads and the top step with the border? why not some type of coping, wall cap, limestone ,bluestone granite anything but pavers that are designed to be buried noy exposed sides. And on the veneer stone why noy wrap it around it doesn't looked finished? Not insulting you just trying to understand what logic is there to this? To me it looks like an unfinished oasis.

3. EuroStone

from florida

hey dissel of course i wanted to stone all around the spa but owner wanted to save money so we stucco instead. landscape is going in that area also. i used what ever was left from the stone patio to veneer to spa. well as far as the step i might try paver coping next time and using a wall cap , limestone ,bluestone granite would have introduced another product that would clutter the job. to many different types/colors of products is something i shy away from. you would have used bluestone granite for border here?

4. BDisselHardscape

BDisselHardscape LawnSite Member
    from MA

Euro i follow. Your customer was tight on buget. I did suspect a planting around the spa. As far as the step indiana limestone or even the wall stone caping the matched the rise. As far as to much color not at all, all the are close and compliment. The cream color of the limestone would've matched very well plus it would've defined your project. step back 20' look at steps, limestone up to patio (product choice and color seperate the two)yet compliment) patioi to wall with a light color coping which would mimic the tread now its full circle and it all ties in! Just an observation. Good Luck on the next one. "Sell your craftsmanship don't let a customer who can't visulize sell you" the budget may mysteriously get bigger!

5. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

looks good but i agree with the pavers as coping i think something else would look much better. my biggest concern though, is there access to the hot tub, or did you block it completely in?

6. EuroStone

from florida

hey patriot access into the spa is really easy. you can sit on stone cap and then put your legs right in. for people that are older or need help then we usually build a step with rails. the soldier course curves along the stone patio into the step and for that reason i believe i did that. paver coping might have not flowed with soldier.

7. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

im talking about access to the pump and internal components of the hot tub.
    what if they need to make a repair? is their access or do they have to remove your wall?

8. EuroStone

from florida

yes the pump and components are externel. they are hidden behind the 10 ft tall stucco wall about 5 ft from the spa. worse case scenerio would be to flush water then cut pvc pipes and lift spa shell for any interior work.

9. Majesticman

Majesticman LawnSite Member

For all of you guys that install a spa like that. We buy 2 lift straps $25 each and put them under the spa and set four loose stones were they come up to. We then can remove them and reach down with a wire to fish them up. You then have a way to lift the spa out without damage or injuries.

10. pghlandscape

pghlandscape LawnSite Member
    from pgh,pa.

it is very nice work, just looks like they should have used the same material for the whole job. Pavers, wall stone, caps, natural stone etc. but the work looks good