Just For Fun!!!! Katie vs. Envy Lawn Service!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Katie_A_C, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Katie_A_C

Katie_A_C LawnSite Member

This is just for fun but since both myself and Envy Lawn Service have switched from Lawn Tractors to ZTR's and Curved Shaft Ryobi Trimmers to Stihl Commercial trimmers and Hand held Blowers to Back Pack Blowers.......just recently....

I would Looooove to compare how we did after next year!!!!:clapping:

It seems Envy Lawn has ok, still staying solo but increasing productivity...

My challenge is that I hope to Not Be Solo but to be the Boss:weightlifter: and have others do the cutting ....

I know that my first ZTR and commercial trimmer are not enought to make this happen but I will also have to PROMOTE and SELL my business.

This is going to be an adventure:dancing:

Will you accept my challenge Envy...We are both in the Same Boat :)

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I smelled this two days ago:laugh:

3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I Think she"s hitting on Envy in a round about way :)

4. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

Katie wins, I'd rather see her in a bikini.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, thats kinda what i was thinking:laugh:

6. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Aren't you the one w/ the toro timecutter?

8. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

And didnt Envy upgrade to COMMERCIAL ztr's years ago?

Pop Warner against the NFL????

9. Katie_A_C

Katie_A_C LawnSite Member

I'm not hitting on anyone!!!!:nono:

I have just been reading all the old threads over the past few weeks and found that Envy Lawn Service also just traded his Lawn Tractor for a ZTR and his Ryobi trimmer for a Stihl Commercial Trimmer (actually mine's an Echo) and went to a backpack from a handheld blower.

I just thought it was neat that someone else went through what I am going through and that I could read about it...that's all!!!!!!

Envy Lawn also had the EXACT same problem I did with the Commercial trimmer...It Spins The Opposite Direction of the Ryobi!!!! I'm still practising on that.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start a fight but I really want to make this into a business and not just a job where I do all the manual work. I think that getting the right equipment is an important first step.

And yea, I got a Toro Timecutter but it was all I could afford and I will hopefully buy a Commercial ZTR next season and keep the Timecutter as back-up.

I want to thank all you boys for being sooo helpful!!!!!

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Actually, I am almost positive that Envy did all his upgrades that "just" happened like a long, long time ago. Like 2003.

Good luck with your Timecutter. I just bought my Dixon this spring, and it is technically a homeowner model. It was all I could afford at the time, and the plan was run it till it dies, then get a new Commercial Dixon. I have had NO problems with it in a hundred hours. Plan to run it about half of next season, then upgrade to a commercial Dixon, either a 44 inch or a 50 inch.