Just for fun

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Paulsen, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

In the PRO magazine I like reading "Growing dreaming". It hard to make this line of work fun. What kind of things has made the days better for you. Any games . The only one I play is the "time" game and that is getting old after all these years.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i like to play "name that tune" while im mowing. i use the elvex ear muffs with the radio and i dont think i could live without them. mowing to the sound of music is the way to mow

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

IVE ALWAYS HAD A GREAT IMAGINATION.Use to have
    some pretty hot daydreams.Now they are more likely to
    be about a cold glass o tea and my easy chair.
    MOST OF THE TIME.

4. TylerAssociatesLLC

TylerAssociatesLLC LawnSite Member

How do those muffs with the radio's work??? Do they block out any of the mower noise or just play music? Can you play tapes or CD's with them?

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The Peltor's reduce the noice by 24 db. They have the Elvex in the Northern catolog that have FM or just head phones that plug in to what ever that are hearing protectors. There is a difference in just getting FM headphones and getting hearing protectors with FM in them.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

the headphones i have, block out the damaging noise to the ears, but you can still play music and hear what the mower is doing. i have always been able to hear and feel what the mower is doing while listening to music. i recommend them very much. the one i have has the radio built right into the muffs, so you dont have any cords to worry about.