Just for retrodog...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, May 19, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

ive read a lot of your other threads about the badboys and from what ive seen i like them. my question is how do the units at tsc compare to the ones you sell? tsc is the only dealer around here, do they service the units they sell? are they as tough as yours? does tsc sell parts? how do they cut on centipede/bermuda/st augustine? i really like my exmarks and the dealer, but the price on the BB is pretty sweet. any feedback on the tsc units would be appreciated.

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey man, just noticed this thread....lol. You can PM me you know, I might not have noticed this. TSC sells the ZT series 26hp briggs with a 60" deck. I sell the same unit, its just they have to pay $300 more for it. Here is the scoop. Bad Boy just swapped to using the 27hp Kohler this week on that same unit for the same price, I would wait until that one comes out. I just ordered 3, cause I had one Briggs left, should be here this week. Check out www.badboymowers.com, and look at the specs on the ZT. Frame is smaller with a 2 rail system as opposed to the 4 rail on my lightnings, the tranny is a 2800 transaxle as opposed to the seperate parker pumps on the bigger series, and the deck is a 7 guage set-up as opposed to the 1/4 inch deck on the bigger ones. It is considered a commercial grade machine, but I would consider a semi commercial. If you mow alot, I would recommend steping up $1000 or more to the Pup series, the ZT is basically made for the part timer cutter, or the homeowner that wants a machine that will last 10s of years. It is by far the best machine for under $5000 out there right now, but I mow too, and would prolly only consider getting the pup series for my rig or bigger. The lightnings are my best sellers, and they have suspension on all 4 wheels, michigan seat, and 26hp LC Kawa, 32hp Vanguard, or 31hp Kawa. TSC has to have an authorized Bad Boy mechanic to work on the unit (usually a local shop that Bad Boy approves). Here I work on them for them. If they do, the mechanic can also do work on the other units as well (in case you wanted to buy a machine out of town and have it serviced there....like me.....lol). BB will over night parts to you at your house, or the authorized mechanic shop will be able to order the parts too. Might be a little hassle, but it would be worth the thousands you will save by buying the BB. Hands down they have the most product and build quality for the price right now.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

how much for a 60" pup series w/ an upper 20's kawi? shipped to 31220.

4. retrodog

The air baffling they have on the decks is amazing, we have alot of bermuda around here, and mine cut awesome! Leaves a sort of 3 row stripe that looks pretty nice! (Better than my Grasshopper thats what I had, so I compared pretty heavily). We have sold over 50 Bad Boy's this year, and this is my first year selling them. They pretty much sell theirselves. It is funny, our Dixon dealer went out of business this year, and I think about 50% of every household owns a Dixon in our county, so I took on the line for the parts business mainly. The Dixons draw alot of people to look, and then they ask about the Bad Boys. I have sold 1 Dixon, and over 50 BB's. The Dixon reps came down last week to help boost our sells. They really thought I was biased on the BB's, and thats why we weren't moving any. 3 people stopped, and they gave them the Dixon spill 3 year warranty, tunnel deck, etc, they asked about the BB's and I gave them the major features on them and explained that I sit on one 11hours a day 2 days a week. They drove both and all walked away with orange mowers. The Dixons guys actually saw what they are facing all over the country, it was funny, they even had a factory sheet that compared them against Scag and Bad Boy, I told my BB rep, and they thought that was a nice compliment....lol. The BB 30hp Kohler Command is $6395, and the Dixon Grizzly 30hp Kohler command is $9500. Even if they were the same price, I really believe that nearly all would walk away orange due to the sheer difference in build quality. They just make everyone look bad. I will be honest with you, they are waaaay over built. The deck is almost ridiculous, the framing is crazy, and the front castors are unbelievably. Paired with a low balling price, and very high end engines, the other dealers around me agree that Bad Boy is nuts for selling their product so low, and building so stout. Not sure how long they can keep it up, rumors are stirring about them going public, and if that happens the shareholders will make them increase pricing, or decrease on motors and materials. Right now the company is growing fast paired with no debt, a new 350000 sq ft assembly plant, and the new MTV releasing this next year, these people are here to stay. The industry is going to have to lower their price as a whole, and built waaay better machines, or BB's are gonna have the market share. Right now in Paris Tx, and Hugo OK they are becoming the market share! I am just glad I have em!

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i really like the badboy mowers. But no dealer in Louisiana!

6. retrodog

60" 31hp Forced Air Big Block Kawasaki $7550 brought to your door, I can do 5.49% @ 36months, or 6.9% @ 60months with 0 down with approved credit, and get you approved over the phone. Payments won't start until in July, and would be right under $150 a month at the 6.9%. You can get that same unit with a 23hp Vanguard, or a 30hp Kohler Command for cheaper. Call me (580) 317-7672

7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

KrayzKajun just take a trip to the factory in Arkansas. It's a nice trip and the factory is cool.

8. retrodog

Yeah, you could pick it up there for $7295 I believe, or you could get the 30hp Kohler Command 60" for $6995 there. I have to pay a set-up and destination, and then pay to get it shipped to you (which I don't mind), and it always helps having a middle man to help get you servicing and warranty work arranged.

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

mite be worth a trip!!

10. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

what do the lightnings go for ? I like to go big :) whats the spec on them as well ? motors deck size. id like one if the payments were ok and i can find a dealer