1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just found a $100 bill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Feb 11, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished a commercial mulching job this weekend and found a $100 bill in one of the bushes. My delima is whether I should keep it or return it to the doctors office? I have that scene from Animal House stuck in my head where the guy gets the 15 year old girl into the bedroom and she passes out. He then has a devil and angel telling him what to do. I've found money before but never $100. This raises the ante. I'm a very honest person but $100 bonus would be nice in the offseason. For every reason I come up with to keep it, I come up with a reason to turn it in. I've considered talking to the office people and ask them if any one has reported any money lost. I wouldn't give a $$ amount. Any suggestions???

2. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

i wouldnt say how much it is but i would ask the office personel if anyone has reported any money lost. if they say so then ask how much. $100 i a chunk of money to lose. check around but dont give an amount cause somebody might just claim it.
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Must you even ask such a question? :confused:

You Southerners.....

I say...finders keepers...it's not like it is a wedding band or a tangible piece of property.

If it were a residence than maybe, but who knows where the wind blew it from.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass Slayer

I mentioned at the end of my thread that I wouldn't give a dollar amount. I forgot to mention that the bill was pretty fresh meaning that it wasn't sitting outside for a long period of time.

PS Scraper- What does location have to do with this??? It's a question of morals and piece of mind.
  5. Scraper

Relax...I just don't see how it bothers you that much. I would've spent it already! Guess I'm immoral and have no conscience, eh? If it bothers you so much...donate it to the church!

Dude, you think too much!
  6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was wondering where I left that........
    Thanks for finding it for me.....e-mail me for info where to send it.....
    :D :D :D :D

Honestly, I would ask around to see if anyone lost it like you said, never know it could of been recent, and the family that lost it could really need it.
    If no one clams it in like 30 days then I would bank it.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Pj i seen that one coming LOL i thought it would be the second or third post. Im with you on this one id give it a month and if nobody claims it youve hit the small loto. Marks Mowing Service
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a tight wad. I can tell you at any given time how much money is in my wallet, bank account, etc. Whoever lost it, doesn't deserve to get it back. Spend it, and forget about it!

Now if its tangible, ring, watch, ENTIRE WALLET, PURSE, etc, then YES do return it.

Have Fun!!
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i dont know for sure what id do in that particular situation.
    but if its going to worry u ,it means u are honest man.
    dont trade that self image for no hundred dollars.
    u can loose an find a lot o hundred dollar bills.
    u cant lose your honesty but one time,an u would really have a hard time gettin it back.just mine,later now
    by the way email me for my address .i knew id lost that hundred somewhere,and thanks:D
  10. Scraper

Possibility they left it there to see how honest you were? Or possibly they left it there as a tip?

Very nice response awm