Just geared up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnmowerMan80, May 19, 2006.

1. LawnmowerMan80

LawnmowerMan80 LawnSite Member

Well in the hopes of being a professional looking and functional operation I went and bought some workhorse equipment. I purchased all new: Exmark Metro 32" w/13HP Kawi, Redmax EB7001 and a Shindaiwa T230 (blue head). I'm up to 3 weekly accounts and still advertising. I'm as excited as one could be and am hoping for a great season. Any input from you seasoned vets would be greatly appreciated. I roll solo at moment and like to give my customers personal and complete service. It's nice for some of us that being able to hold down a conversation in ENGLISH is a big selling point, at least I think it is.

tony

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new buys. Personally I would have never spent that much on 3 weekly accounts. Not worth it.

3. LawnmowerMan80

LawnmowerMan80 LawnSite Member

i'm working on average 50 hours at my regular job so the cost isn't even bothering me. 1/6 of my weekly paycheck covers the note on the equipment. I did it primarily to have what I needed right out of the gate and to achieve the look that some kid in his beat up pickup with daddys craftsman can not.

tony