Just getting back into it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MLCservices, Oct 26, 2006.

1. MLCservices

MLCservices LawnSite Member

Ok, been out of lawncare for about 10 years and i'm getting back into it this spring. Right now i'm having a tough time deciding on size and brand of mower. I'm looking at exmark lazers and the cub cadet tank. Would you consider a m60 tank with 300 hours for less than $5500 a good deal? Or should I wait on an exmark? Also, should I go with a 60 inch or a 44 to be able to get through gates to back yards? Alot of subdivisions in this area. I plan on a walk behind 36 later too. Any info is appreciated.

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

A 60 z and a 36 walk behind is a great combination. I would love to have that combination.

3. MLCservices

Another question that I could use help on right away...if you had to choose between a used cadet with 300 hours 60 inch for 5 grand or a used exmark lazer with 900 hours for 5 grand, which would you buy?

4. metro36

Need more info. I would not buy a z with out kawi engine. If it is a 60 I would want at least 25 hp and probably a lc engine.

5. MLCservices

Well, I passed on the cub for 5....suddenly he had someone offer him 5500. It was with a kohler 28 efi pro, nice looking machine. The exmark I was looking at is an 05 with 27hp kohler. I definitely like the looks of the cub.

6. metro36

I hate kohler engines. I will only use kawi. They are the best out there.

7. MLCservices

A buddy of mine feels the same way. He's got a deer with a kawi on it and loves it. Personally I think deer is way overpriced.

8. metro36

All of this stuff is expensive.

Have you ever heard of lesco. If you have one near by go there and look at there z turns. fro what i have heard they are good. They are about the same price as your used machines.

www.lesco.com

9. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you have been following the M-60 Tank on Miedema's auction today. The current bid is $5425 with 4 minutes to go.

10. MLCservices

If you look at the pics of the lesco and the cub cadet side by side, it is the exact same mower......interesting. Might have to look at one of these lesco's.