1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Getting Started and confused on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Newstart, May 20, 2007.

1. Newstart

Newstart LawnSite Member

EverRide Hustler Kawasaki 19hp with 48in deck $5400 vs. Hustler Mini Z 52in deck with 19hp for $6100. Just getting started and have been using anything that will run to cut grass. Spend more time working on mowers than cutting. I have decided to step up to a commercial mower but need to keep the price around $6000.00 or preferably below. I have tried out the mini z but going tomorrow to try the EverRide. After reading all the post and looking at the specifications I am getting more confused. Everytime I believe that I made up my mind I will read another thread that changes it. The 0% for 36 months and price and looking at the specifications makes the EverRide very attractive to a newbie with only a few yards but hoping to grow quickly. The hustler has been around, proven itself, and I have a dealer 15 minutes away vs. 1hour 15 minutes away. My biggest concern about Everride is the Toro dealer and other things I have read say EverRide is in finiancial trouble. Sorry to repeat the same type questions but still confused on what to do and $700 less plus special financing is substantial to me right now. I appreciate any help or advice you could give and thanks in advance. P.S. Looked at Toro, Exmark but all cost more for comparable mowers with local dealers.
  2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The everride isn't a Hustler... Totally different brand, and a lot better machine than the Mini Z from Hustler. Hustlers are frankly lacking a lot in the cutting deck catagory, especially on the "compact" Z's such as the Mini.

Everride is a sponsor on this forum too, according from the horses mouth they are in NO trouble at all, and are actually growing at a fast rate. I'm SERIOUSLY considering a 52" model next spring, even though my closest dealer would be a 45 minute drive away. Still better than dealing with the clowns around here that call themselves "dealers".
  3. Newstart

Newstart LawnSite Member

Sorry. I have looked at so many mowers. Typo on the Everride Hustler. I knew that it was two different companies. I have been leaning toward the EverRide and hopefully the demo tomorrow will seal the deal. I am going from a craftsman tractor so must be careful because everything seems like a dream come true. The hustler was incredible when I took it for a spin but I am sure the EverRide will perform as well tomorrow. Forgot to mention, I am cutting a lot of hills but little grass mostly new construction.
  4. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

Jason, I know what you mean about the dealers in the area.