just getting started

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cp, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't need lawyers, CPA's etc etc. You don't need a banker. Just good running equipment and good vehicles.

All you need to get started is customers and insurance for yourself and your business.

If you are quitting your other job make sure you have proper health insurance.

Make sure your vehicles are properly insured for commercial use. If you have an accident, a serious claim will be denied for a truck insured for personal use.

KB in Virginia

2. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys here it is!!!

Today is Saturday, 31 Mar. 2001, AND I HAVE DONE IT!!!

I picked up my equipment today and left the dealer and went straight to my first contract, did the job, picked up my check and came home. I feel great!

Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

Looking forward to future posts.

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

cp,
    Congratulations. Enjoy the moment.

4. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

cp,

I would like to congradulate you on your first job and may you prosper on many more.
    Take along a camera on all your jobs,cause it is fun to look back over the years.Time seems to fly when you are having fun.
    I would also agree on all the things you did to get set up along the way,just going to make your life easier later.

Good Luck

5. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

cp - conrats on your "startup" and best of luck to you in the years ahead. By the sounds of what you have posted here, you have done your homework well.

And I'll second what Mike suggests about the camera!

6. site

site LawnSite Member

When is the IPO?

7. mbwent

mbwent LawnSite Member

If you use Quick Books Pro, you only need your CPA 1X a year. Quick Books Pro handles Payroll easily and does 99% of the work for you. If it makes you feel better, have your CPA look over your tax filing forms before you file, it will be cheaper for a review than full preparation!

Market your business, every single month, and hit every prospect 3 times in a short time period - 3 times is the charm. If they don't know you are there, they won't call, right?