Just getting started

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brothers-One, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Brothers-One

Brothers-One LawnSite Member

Just getting started in the lawn service.Was laid off from my job,so I thought I would give this a try.I have the "basic"equiptment.I did a few lawns a couple years ago,and it worked out pretty well.I had some very good people to start with,so I believe I can make this work.I never imagined I would be relying on cutting grass to make a living.It will all be a new experiance for me,but I do a good job and care what the final results look like.I do as they say,"like it was your own".So any tips or comments would be welcome.Thanks for any help you may give. Tuna. Brothers-One
  2. pennypincher

pennypincher LawnSite Member

I do mostly accouting work for lawn care services. Dont forget about the accounting/bookkeeping part of this business. Keep up with mileage, time and all expenses so you know if you are really making a fair profit on your work. Pay in quarterly estimates for yourself and if you need help ask for it. I am not a CPA but I am an accountant. Go into your local accountant or even your local H & R Block office and get some help with that if you need it. Wish I could be more help with the labor part of it, but that is not where my knowledge is. Hope this helps. Good luck. Pennypincher