Just got a 20/52 FasTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by spryde, Jul 28, 2004.

1. spryde

spryde LawnSite Member

Went to American Service Center in Elkton, MD as suggested by some folks here and had a great experience. Got it with the hour meter, mulching kit, seat springs, and striping kit. Out the door for less than $5100.

Between the rains here, I got to mow half the lawn and the weeds already look better!

Thanks guys for a quality machine at a reasonable price! I really enjoy using it.

SP

2. cdolor

cdolor LawnSite Member

I also got mine at the American Service Center. I had no experience with them prior to buying my Fastrak 20/52. Marty is a great guy and was very helpful in helping me make my selection. I originally went for a Mini-Z but after talking to him found that a Fastrak would meet my needs for much less money. Their prices can't be beat. I went to the Cecil County Fair earlier this week and someone else had Hustlers there. The Fair prices were still higher that American Service Center.

Good Luck,
    Chuck

3. gsh30b

gsh30b LawnSite Member

I know this isn't a commercial machine, but! I'm considering this machine for my yard (small) and maybe 10-15 additional residential accounts. Although this unit isn't rated commercial, would it adequately handle the task?

It appears beefy enough to do it?

10-12 hours a week MAX! Part-time in the evening.

4. cdolor

cdolor LawnSite Member

I'm sure Hustler will tell you it is a Residential machine, but I don't see why it wouldn't do what you want. It is rugged and fast. It does affect the warrantee if you use it commercial work. I'd keep the fact you are using that way a secret. However with this machine I can't see it breaking very easily. It is well built.

Chuck

5. gsh30b

gsh30b LawnSite Member

You're right. It greatly reduces the duration of the warranty if used commercially. However, I agree. The unit is well built. I think it will serve my interest well.

Like I said. 10-12 hours a week on residential lawns with myself as the sole operator. I don't see a problem. I want enough machine for the task, but I don't want to pay for more than I need. My local dealer is quoting ~$4750 for the 20/52.

Thanks for the reply.