1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just got a blue bird aerator. Good deal?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KathysLGC, May 4, 2005.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $300 for it. Got it from the Bargain news. Do you guys think this was a good deal? I've been looking for an aerator for quite some time now and since i got a Lazer Z I decided to go with a less expensive pull behind to start with. In my area there are a lot of big open yards. It came with 5, 5gallon Kerosene jugs for water (weight).

100_0442.jpg

100_0443.jpg

100_0444.jpg

100_0445.jpg

2. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

I think you got a good deal. Looks to be in good shape.

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well is was real dirty so while washing my TTHP I washed this unit also. I couldn't believe how clean it came out. Under all the dirt there was nice glossy paint. The tines are in mint condition. Doesn't look like this was used very much which is what the owner said. He had to weld the arm back on cause he said some how the weld cracked. He did a real good job. i can't wait till fall now....

4. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to pay for itself in one day if you can get enough jobs lined up. You got a good deal.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal...we have one, paid over a grand for it new like 10 years ago too.