just got a call

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by CLARK LAWN, Nov 26, 2007.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i just got a call from another local lawn service trying to sell me a fert and squirt program for next year. He called the business line and i let him go on for about 10 minutes before i told him he called another lawn service.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats funny b/c I just got a competitors flyer on my mailbox today. Its fairly obvious with my truck and trailer parked there that another LCO lives there. I guess he just didn't notice.
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

anyone ever call another lco on purpose to have them give you and estimate at you residence to see their prices and etc, i never have but have been tempted too.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, that tactic has never once crossed my mind but I've had a few try it on me, they didn't get too far with the sneaky little treachery.

For one they could've just asked out right instead, thou when it has gone too far in most cases I'm beyond being polite enough to explain this much to the piteous fools, I'd rather let them figure and fend this out amongst their peers.

I suppose temptation is all right, can't fault someone who didn't do it.
  5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I had Trugreen come to my door a couple of months ago. I let him talk his shpeal for about five minutes, then I told him that I was a lco. You should have seen his face lol. :laugh:

Also, about five years ago I snuck across the street (my neighbors were not home, thank goodness) and read the invoice that another company had just put on their door. I haven't tried that one twice! Besides, it wasn't nearly as revealing as I thought it would be (they were charging a good deal less than I do). It was a pretty lame idea, though. :hammerhead:
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

they will give him a ration of **** for putting a flyer on your mailbox....
  7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if you dont know what to charge, your already in deeper then your ready for.....