1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just got a flyer on my mailbox!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by velocicaur, Mar 30, 2006.

1. velocicaur

velocicaur LawnSite Member

I received another one of these for plowing in the winter and thought they'd go out of business. Guess not, just received their summer one.

0-6000 sq ft based on 26 cuts - 490/yr - Approx 18.85/cut
    6-10000 sq ft based on 26 cuts - 525/yr - Approx 20.20/cut
    10-15000 sq ft based on 26 cuts - 618/yr - Approx 23.77/cut

Unless the sq ft is based on the total lot size and not just turf size. :confused:

And I was hoping to start next year... :cry:

-EDIT- Did some searching on the internet, appears they have had/currently dealing with alot of legal issues. Guess there is still hope for me
  2. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Is that from Cut Only and Plow Plus?
  3. velocicaur

velocicaur LawnSite Member

PM sent :)
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

They will not be in business very long with those prices.:rolleyes:
  5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I wonder if they will make the commute to MA. For those prices I could sub to them, stay home and make a boat load of money with no overhead.:hammerhead: :drinkup:
  6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Well they have been in business for about 6 years at least, and I would guess they have about 1000 customers. They flood the area with thousands of doorhangers every year, and I see them every day, no matter what end of town I am in. They use old toros, old trucks, with 1 man crews. I think they have at least 10 crews. The prices you mentioned were lower than in previous years, then it was 24.95 for up to 10,000 sf and $5 more for up to 15,000. The guy always doorhangs on mailboxes, but has never got in trouble. Here is a link to a site about him. http://www.cutonly.com/
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This guy is completely clueless. Is he giving you a hard time? Do you have one of his flyers? If y9u have the one advertising fert and weed control, you can just call the Mich. Dept of Agriculture and ask to speak with with a field inspector/agent. This guy isn't even licensed to do this (this is fact), and not only is it illegal for him to do this, but it is also illegal for him to advertise that he DOES do it. Here's the link to his flyer....
    http://www.cutonly.com/documents/Lawn Clinic5.pdf
  8. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow you guys in michigan really dont like this guy huh?
  9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the guys a regular entrepnuer. Those mailbox laws are something a Nazi would come up with. Too many laws down there...
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

call the post office and complain, and turn him in for the chemical apps