1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just got a new Redmax EBZ 8001 and.....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KathysLGC, Oct 16, 2007.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not impressed yet.... I don't think the weight was much more once on my back. You can definitely feel the difference when you pick it up compared to the EB 7001.
    The first thing I noticed is how quiet it is compared to my other blowers. I also noticed how it rattles. I don't like that. It sounds like an old dirt bike or like the muffler is hollow. On low throttle I do notice it move a whole lot more air then my other blowers but at full rpm it doesn't seem much more powerful. I have only tested it in light leaves just cleaning driveways after mowing so it's not yet a good comparison test. I just want to give the engine some break-in hours.
    The blower is still plagued with the dam electric zap if you hold the throttle lever....
    It is very thirsty. I can't believe how much gas it uses compared to the 7001 and EB630.
    So far i'm undecided if i'm happy with the purchase. I paid $525.00 cash for it. The Shindiawa EB8510 was $539.00 and a $50.00 mail in rebate. I was tempted to go that route and still might....
  2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

One more thing,.... the specs where lowered from the EBZ8000. What gives? Isn't the 8001 an improved model? Why drop the specs and lower the CFM's?