just got back from bama.. am i a hero??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alexschultz1, May 3, 2011.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i spent 5 days in alabama cutting down trees from homes and helping people recover what they had lost. i didnt pull any one from homes and i didnt find any missing people, but i did drop everything and give up 5 days of VERY hard labor to help these people. now i am looked at in my home town as a hero.its cool as hell honestly, but i feel like it wasnt a huge deal like everyone is making it. tell me im crazy but i dont feel like a hero.

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You helped out as much as you could. Good for you. It's a choice. Not heroism.

3. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

4. KINGMADE

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

Hero may be a little strong of a word, but I am sure everyone appreciates the hell out of your help though. Jumping into freezing water to save a kid from drowning is hero kind of stuff. Cutting down trees is lending a helping hand.

5. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

Take it all in stride. I don't think hero is the best word, but be proud that you've put yourself in a position to be able to help.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you're just a storm chaser?

7. Monster Lawn Care

Monster Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I live in Pinson, AL (15 miles North of Bham). We were very lucky, but I really appreciate you stepping in and helping out. I know saying thanks doesn't really do justice to what you did, but thanks.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well...

I wanted to recant an earlier statement, I don't think you're a storm chaser in that sense
    but maybe also not quite a hero, I don't know, but it's nice that you did help.

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

HERO? Not quite! The guys on seal team six, their's your hero's!!! It was admirable what you did though.

10. LawnGuy35

LawnGuy35 LawnSite Member

You did a good deed, and I'm certain you will be rewarded for it in some way in the future. But to call you a hero is a bit of a stretch. It didn't require much, if any, courage to go down there after the fact...and you didn't put your life on the line to save another. That doesn't mean you should feel any less prideful for helping out though. Good for you.