1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just got back from dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpudsM15, Feb 27, 2003.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I have already decided to get a 32"or 36" mower fixed deck..

Good thing one of my local dealers carries both scag and exmark.

I ruled scag out because everything that was equal to exmarks was 1k more.

I'm stuck on a:36" viking hydro w/15hp kaw With sulky and mulch kit its going to run me around 4k after taxs for the whole deal.

That a good deal or no?
  2. SpudsM15

Oh yea ECS too! :blob3:
  3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also in the market for a new 36" . I have compared Skag and Exmark and found the Exmark to be a better choice. Although I also looked at Lesco, I know the three mowers are not the same. I am going to get a Lesco. I now mow 16 lawns and have the leads on four more. This season with only mowing 20 lawns per week, the Lesco machine seems like a better choice for me. At $2000. for a gear drive and the service center 3 miles from my home, and good reports from people I know that have the machines, this is the best choice for my part-time business now.

To get back to your question, I look at a 36" Exmark, gear drive, with mulcher and ECS controls : fixed deck $2800., floating deck $3200. Hydro machine $3800.. Seems $4000.00 is in the ball park.
  4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Sulky on a belt drive... BLEH! :p
  5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

How is that ECS. I have a two year old turf tracer and a 5 year old metro both with the oldfashioned handles. I am goig to purchase a new one this season. Are the ECS handles comfortable?
  6. SpudsM15

Ok this was the first time i actually put my hands on one of these machines(been useing 21") tried the pistol grip it could do but it seems as if it could get tireing. The Way the ECS is positioned felt much more comfortable and to lift the front of the machine they are placed better. I didn't get to play with either of the machines on because there was no room in the parking lot =(. In two weeks I am goign to go back and test out both+ the scags
  7. PartsGuy

PartsGuy LawnSite Member

The ECS is the best addition to pro walk behinds I have ever seen! They are so much easier to use and move.....I am very impressed with them!

Parts Guy:sleeping: