Just got back in from my day of looking at brown lawns.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Aug 16, 2006.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I just returned from my exploration of all the brown lawns.

We spent more time driving than working.

We did have some laughs when pulling up to a customers house and still seeing the stripes from 2 weeks ago.

Some of the lawns looked like they where cut when we pulled up but upon further analysis, the grass never grew:rolleyes:

Another day of laughing in the truck.

I hope all you other lco's had some grass to cut or at least smoke(jk).

kc

2. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

It's slowed down here quite a bit but still growing,just not as fast as the weeds.:mad:

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

ours were past the verge of dormancy, but we had about 3" of rain last friday and saturday, thank god. enough to get through another month anyway. wash your truck or go camping, that always makes it rain. if you do both on the same day, better build an ark.

4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

yep same here but i did get to cut 8 acres today at the church and a small yard.

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess us herein Fla have it alittle better than you guys in the north. It pouring as I type this. Yesterday we got our afternoon downpour also. All my yards are green and growing everyweek. I wish you guys up north luck for some rain.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

We had about 6" of rain in the last week after a short drought. Record corn and soybeans in the state this year due to steady rain. Only had one small drought but we've had steady rain most of the year. One of the best years for mowing. Just enough space between rains to get caught up.

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

The only lawns I did to today were new accounts or accounts I haven't done in two weeks. I never thought I would say this but thank god for crabgrass! It's the only thing that's growing right now. I have one customer that irrigates and I still skipped him last week.

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm about an hour away from you kc, we're doing so so. This week is going to be the last 7 day cut, next week will have to be moved back to 10 day if we don't get any rain.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Here in MD everything is brown to the max. We are cutting very high in an attemp to salvage some work and also the lawns. Even then they are still borwning out pretty bad.

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

You need customers with irrigation sysytems.