1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just got laid off so I figure I'd do this on my own

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by glen721, Jun 10, 2008.

1. glen721

glen721 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, since the landscape company I worked for laid off 40 people, myself included, I decided to just go ahead and do it solo. So far so good. I've been able to get install jobs that will keep myself busy for the next month. So wish me luck!
  2. RHill

RHill LawnSite Member

wow, why did they lay off that many people, is business that bad in your area?
  3. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, what gives, you guys are getting nothing but rain, well at least 4 hours west of you in Roanoke. You should be getting the same on the coast, that's the directions all the storms are traveling.
  4. glen721

glen721 LawnSite Member

The lay offs were due to the fact that our clients who are mainly developers were still developing neighborhoods when no one was buying houses. We do the landscape installs for the majority of the big land developers in this area. When the developers decided to slow down work we felt the pinch also. Especially me and 39 other employees.