Just got my first truck yesterday.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawncare010, Apr 19, 2009.

1. lawncare010

lawncare010 LawnSite Member

Ok i am 17 and this is my first truck. I ordered a hitch and wiring for it tonight and will be putting it on this week. I have taken the tool box off because it blocks the view when backing up and i also took off the bed liner because some dumb ass used lag screws to hold the box on and them left raised up holes so i am getting them fixed and i am saving up for a rhino liner.

http://www.saturnofnewark.com/VehicleDetails/338451293

2. hondarancher4435

hondarancher4435 LawnSite Senior Member

no offense but you could have gotten a whole lot more truck for that price. you can get a nice 3/4 ton for ten grand.

3. BlackDog3

BlackDog3 LawnSite Member

Good luck with it! I will agree with the above statement but hey you gotta start somewhere,

Chris

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Very nice truck. I don't know anything about the market up your way, but it looks a little pricey compared to truck prices down here.
    Anyway, congratulations on the purchase. Sure is nicer than what I was driving at that age, (a 1962 Mercury Comet).

5. lawncare010

my trailer is a aluma trailer and it is 500lbs and my jd is 1000lbs so 1500lbs total and sometimes my exmark is 300lbs so max is 1800lbs so 1500 lbs is not that much for my truck to pull and the truck onlt has 22,000 miles on it

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

agreed!

its a nice truck though!

7. lawncare010

hitch should be in on thursday

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

HAHA lincoln U....have done A LOT of work down that way....all the Megill houses down there...my buddies dad owns the DQ there in Jennersville

9. jk mow & more

jk mow & more LawnSite Member

nice looking truck but the above comments are rite u could have found nice 3/4 ton or even a decent one ton for that much if ur bis grows try pulling a enclosed or dumper or even put a dump insert on it not happen good truck to comute or give estimates not to work out of to pretty

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am sorry but I have to disagree with all of you guys... :p
    Even thou it's not a 3/4 ton...

First you want that tool box, you will need it!
    To stick in ALL the tools you will need to make repairs in the field!
    Crap will break down, you will hate life having to drive home or to the dealer every dang time, especially over dumb stuff.
    Also things such as loppers, shears, tow rope, jumper cables, belts, blades, trimmer string, quarts of oil, a chainsaw, some air filter,
    fuses, tail light bulbs, a hedge trimmer, antifreeze or water, brake and power steering fluid, a hammer, a crowbar, dude...

On mine, I almost can't fit anything else in my truck box, yes it's THAT full!
    Because I got tow chains, starting fluid, and fix-a-flat in there in addition to the above :p

I don't care too much about the bedliner but why remove it?
    Anyhow...

Kelly Blue Book lists this truck's 'Private Party' value as follows:
    Condition Excellent $13,020 /// Good $12,495
    And that truck is somewhere between those two, at least Good and maybe even Excellent.

Now I could pull the dealer Blue Book value however Kelly says that Dealer value is where negotiation begins...
    Thus I believe 'Private Party' value is the closest we'll get to actual street.

Now even thou it's not my truck of choice I'd say it's a pretty good deal.
    Keep that tool box!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009