Just got my limited..now what?????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by iamthelawnman, Mar 4, 2005.

1. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

For those of you who know more then I do..... alot, i just took the state
    exam for my limited license, what kind of progarm do you think is the best of a service to offer my customers? thanks for all your Help.
    :help:

Born to Mow

2. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Celebrate....... :cool2:

3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

How can you take care of ant mounds in the turf?
    Anyone have a good customer base for bed maintance?It seems like people just dont care about there bushes, atleast in my area. I too just took the test for limited Lic and I learned theres a whole lot more to learn, kind of depressing.

5. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Well lets face it the test for the limited is quite easy. Take your class and pay your money.

Start by turning in every jerk who is spraying illegal. LOL

Then inform all your customers that you have your license and will offer additional services.

As you know you have to post when you spray Round Up or anything else. So have some nice posting signs made up like 12"x12" instead of the little ones everyone else has.

You can put it on your business cards.

One correction you CAN NOT treat anything outside of a bed or a tree!
    That means you can not treat fire ants in the turf. Check the rule again.

So have fun and as far as the Sagos cut the darn things down.

6. Turf Technologies

from Florida

Nelbuts I agree with you about sagos, why people like them I have no idea. The gentlemen who conducted the class loves palms, he should pics of many kinds. Yeah we cant do any treating in the lawn, we mainly got the lic. for spraying weeds in the beds, but our Lesco guy said not many offer ornamental work so we wondering if its somthing worth getting into?

7. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Ok my palm tree loving friend says ant mounds are ok? RIC will you please set me strait. Is this man in era? After all he is a teacher of the trade, one would think he is correct.

8. Turf Technologies

from Florida

KDJ, I think you misunderstood, no lawn treating, only bed work.

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Well tell your friends that a Sago is not a palm but a cycaid. Once again I really do not care if your friend does teach. He is teaching wrong if he says you can treat fireants in turf.

With a limited you can treat any bedding area and all shrubs in bedding areas. You can treat any tree. You can only use chemicals with the word Caution. The words Warning and Dangerous can not be used with a limited license. You can only use backpack and hand held sprayers and they can not be battery or motor operator. Legally you can not use a sprayer larger than 5 gallons such as battery operated 15 gallon sprayer.

You can make money treating shrubs but you need to sell it to your customers. It all depends on how many shrubs they have and the types on what you should charge.

Sagos are good money but honestly most people don't want to treat them right. Us oil and do it every seven days for at least three weeks and make sure you spray the ground all around the sago. That should keep the little jerks off for maybe three months or so. Funny but I have never seen them on a queen sago just on the kings. Of course we do not have a lot of queens in the area of the county I work but other counties have them both.

10. Turf Technologies

from Florida

Nelbuts, I dont know why you keep getting the idea the instructor is telling us we can take care of fire ants in the lawn. ANd he knows the Sago is a cycaid. He is a state certified instructor. But thanks for the info.