1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just got my new Exmark Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybow, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Just got my new Exmark Lazer HP 52" deck and 23 horse Kohler engine. It has the Triadvantage deck wich I understand has a nicer cut. I will post some pics of it soon with this years setup. I would like to see some pics of some yards done with this mower if anyone has the same mower. I did get to drive it around and get the feel of it and I like it. Its going to save some valuable energy and time on some of my bigger yards. It really takes up some room on the trailer. I need to upgrade from my 6.5x12 to a 7x16. I think that will have to wait til next year but maybe this year.:weightlifter:
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

congrats.. get those pics! good luck with the new machine!
  3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

whaddja pay for it, dude ?

4. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

yeah love to hear how much your paid i should be picking up a lazer 60"as with a 28kawi on it. This will be my first exmark after 3 scags and i am very excited to get cutting this season. best of luck
  5. jaybow

from Mi

Did you have a problem with the Scags? I paid $6900 for my mower wich might be a little high but everything comparable in my area was going for about the same price.I went with Exmark for the quality cut I hear about with the Triadvantage deck.I also hear the Ultracut is good to.I have heard alot of people say the Triton deck is good on the 60" deck but not on the 52".
    This is my first ZTR and know am ready to start looking for some medium size commercial properties.Since I have worked in the auto industry for almost 11 years I am tired of a shaky job with no stability.I hope and pray I can make some good connections in this buisness and become one of the big guys.
    Good luck to you this season also.
  6. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52 lazer hp with the trivantage deck. Leaves one of the smoothest cuts out of any mower I have ran. Just dont' run it in anything wet. Clumps very bad in the wet stuff.
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

congrats!! i love my exmark!!!
  8. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I wouldnt say i have a problem with my scags. The problem is having the scag dealers. There is one with great services but they dont stock many parts, theres another sells mowers at a great price but they ask no joke nealry 200$ for a tire (and takes forever to service you) and then theres one more thats good all around really (just wont service commercial over residential) because you didnt buy it from them ( so they tell me it will take two weeks to get any work done and they cant even be sure how long. And then they keep my mower outside the whole time, and thats a hike to get there. I hate having to drive 40min each way for a basic part. The mower when working can cut the thickest grass and shoot it out like no ones business. So they cut, but i think i am excited about picking up the quality of cut just a bit with exmark. As well as having a deal which is about 12 miles closer who stocks parts and is great to work with,,,,,and gives great prices. Its hard for me to make the switch, the scags are just built like nothing else, theres now way an exmark can take the same beating a scag can. but what i really questioned was does it need to be that strong? maybe not. So i am giving exmark a chance and looking forward to some great results with the UltraCut deck. long story but i get a lot of hot air when i tell people i am switching from scags.
  9. jaybow

from Mi

Here is the pics of new mower and new signs and my 6.5x12 trailer they are crammed on.I need a front basket now someplace to keep my handheld blowers and tools etc.

10. jaybow

from Mi

I got a little mud in the tires playing around on it the day before the snow hit.Next will be a 16' dual axle trailer same brand as this one.