Just got my new Super Duty 54 today!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by OKHustler, May 2, 2008.

1. OKHustler

OKHustler LawnSite Member

Hello all,

just got delivery of my new SD 54 this afternoon. Got it with flex forks and the flex seat. This mower is replacing an old Sabre 54 inch deck garden tractor.

Well what can I say, this mower is night and day from my old one. This is the first time I've used a ZTR. After about 10 minutes of practice around my yard, I started mowing.....

Before I realized I was done. My total time came down to 1 hour from my usual 2 1/4 with my old mower. WOW.... I've been officially hooked into this ZTR concept.

Thanks for a great product :cool2:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats great !!
    Welcome to the Hustler family !!

Pj

3. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Enjoy all the extra time!!:drinkup:

4. OKHustler

Thanks for the welcome PJ. I'm looking ahead and planning for Winter. Is there an operator's manual for the blade attachment for this machine? Would like to be able to take a look at the item and how it operates before making the purchase decision. Thanks.

5. cemler

cemler LawnSite Member

Did you consider the SD 48", or did you know from the start you wanted the 54" deck?

Curiuos as to the reasons for your choice.
    Can I talk you into posting a pic?
    I would like to see yours with seat and forks.

6. OKHustler

I had a 54" deck garden tractor and wanted the same size deck. Based on dealer pricing I would have picked a 60" ($100.00 price difference) if my storage shed and trailer would accomodate the 60" deck. Additionally I can get pretty close to my fence and other objects with the 54" as compared to the 48". I don't have the flex works yet as they were on backorder (hot item), as soon as I get them installed I will post some pictures. Thanks.

7. OKHustler

The Flex Forks are in!! I'm taking the mower to my dealer tomorrow for installation :clapping: Can't wait to try them out in conjunction with my flex seat. I will post pictures this weekend.:usflag:

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very nice.
    Pics?? :dancing::clapping:

9. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Flex Seat on the Super Duty FasTrak? Am I missing something?

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No.
    We dont offer a Flex Seat for the FasTrak's.

Pj