Just got my new Walker MB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martyman, Apr 18, 2008.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

This machine is really well built...after going over it I'm really surprised they consider it a home owner/light commercial machine. Goes much quicker than the old ones too 8 mph..is fine for me :canadaflag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Nice, wish I could afford one of those. if ya don't mind me asking, how much for that model?

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Martyman: I own an 06 with elec clutch. I have a 48 sd

deck with a deck height adjuster. There is a problem with the 48 sd deck. It is not balanced- same weight on both castors. I added 12# to the left side. now bothsides are equal. I like the machine better than my Mt-20. Will try the 56" this year. I also use it to push my lawn rake.
    Ed

4. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

You should be able to get one for less than I paid...You are in the U.S. and I'm in Canada...might be almost $1000 difference.

I kept looking for info on this machine ED...two used machines of this model I could have purchased were the mulch decks and I have a feeling the guys that bought those didn't like them...I was almost regretting buying a 42 and not the 36" deck...I will find out this Spring if I like it.

5. edward hedrick

Martyman: the 42 and the 48 are similiar in design. Get a bathroom scale put it under the castor wheels. Be careful

with blades after market vary in thickness. I measured all

and marked them. I paid about 5700. 350 for height adjuster. I don't have one on my GHS. I like it makes it easy to change height. ed

6. edward hedrick

Martyman: on my 06 w elec clutch the gas tank is on the right. the way I load my trailer would have been difficult
    w the 07. I have a Scag 3 wheel 61". I nest the two. Also
    I can nest the Mb and Mt. Be careful where you turn on the blades. I usually start them on the driveway. I've snapped
    the center shear pin several times. Pita to replace. I carry a bag of spares in the truck. Also get blades pins put them in also. Ed

7. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

thanks Ed I will...they gave me a bunch of extra shaft pins...I don't remember breaking those on the old machines...just the blade shear pins.

8. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you like the MB just wait till you get to take out one of the Super B models -- anybody experienced with Walkers will love this new machine!

9. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I have the mb with a 56" and really like it. It has 750 hours on it. You will need to be diligent in cleaning that air filter. It really sucks the dust up in the back. You'll notice that the engine will sputter when it starts to get clogged. That's the only real big issue. I was breaking those pins on start up as well. Walker sells a kit that reduces the voltage on engagement and that has solved my problem. I think they went to something different on newer models.

10. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

congrats/ I love mine and I'm like you. I'm amazed at how they are built.