Just got my oil extractor! WOW this thing is sweet! 2 minute oil changes!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I know I sound a little excited but its because I am! I just received my oil extractor a couple minutes ago and changed the oil in our 34Z to try it out.

Slide the tube to the bottom of the crankcase, pumped the handle a couple times and it sucked all the oil right out! While it was draining i changed the filter so when it was done all i had to do was add fresh oil and waaa laaa oil change done in 2 minutes or less.

Actually the reason I got one of these is because the drain on our 34Z comes out then down through the steel deck the engine is bolted down to. The screw that opens it up to drain got stripped and I couldnt open it to drain the oil. In order to fix it I would have had to unbolt and lift the engine in order to unscrew the L shaped drain and to screw a new one on.

Now I am kicking myself in the butt for not getting one of these a longggggggg time ago. We all know how messy trans fluid changes can be. Not any more with this thing! Now I wont hesitate to change any and all fluids in everything. It is really THAT easy.

IMO this is a must buy for anybody in this business.

Here is the one I got. It is just a rebadged Pela 600 extractor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20263223067&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

That's brilliant, thanks for the idea. I'll be ordering one immediately.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

4. ProStreetCamaro

Hey your welcome man. If you get one it will become a pleasure to do oil changes!

5. ProStreetCamaro

6. ALC-GregH

from PA

yep and I paid more for it back then, then you probably paid today. I'm a sucker on the tool truck. LOL

7. ALC-GregH

from PA

Where do you drag race at? Given your handle, I assume you drag race?

8. ProStreetCamaro

I used to back in my late teens and real early 20's. I raced at 75-80 dragway, mason dixon dragway and maryland international raceway. I started out building my 76 camaro to race with and I ran it a little but came across a guy with a fully race ready 75 vega minus motor and trans so i bought it and built a motor for it and already had a spare race preped turbo 350 trans.

I only got to run the vega a couple times just doing some mild shake down runs to break in the engine when this happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something in the front end broke and I lost all control across the finish line. Leaving the line from and idle and only shifting at 5000 completely untuned it went 11.1 at close to 130. We were expecting it to go low 10's high 9s on the motor once it was broken in and tuned. It also had a stock converter in it which was killing it. It needed at 5000 converter. Anyway it sent me har right into a dirt bank and it rolled 3 times end over end and got to the top of the bank then 3 times side over side back down the bank.

That put an end to my racing days even though I didnt get hurt. My simpson helmet has a crack in it and it busted a blood vessel in my eye and I was sore and bruised up for a week from the 5 point harness. :cry:

9. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks for the thread. I have been thinking about getting one of these for a long time.

10. ALC-GregH

from PA

WOW, I wasn't expecting that answer. Glad you walked away from that. I have a friend, Richie Stine, that races UDR and has been racing 10.5 here lately. He won numerous points championships at MIR in the UDR class. I go once a month or so to help/watch when he's racing.

Sorry to turn the thread off topic.