Just got my PB-650

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Dec 15, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ah yah! Picked it up today for $469.99. THat thing is freakishly heavy though compared to those homelites I'd been using. Tried it out for about an hour today at a customers house. Moved what would be about 6-8 bags of leaves in just a few minutes and put them in the woods in no time. Would have taken me an hour with hose Homelites.

I went to my back driveway and sure enough, I blew a brick around end-over-end. It was great, I can't believe how much power this has.

Now questions. What sort of maintenence does this thing require. I havent looked at the air filter yet, is it a sponge or a paper filter? Yall running a 50:1 mix of 89 octane? I use the Stihl mix.
    Got a call for a $100.00 leaf job, and with this new blower it will take me about an hour. And I sold my homelite to a friend for 50 bucks:)

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i run 50:1 husquevarna oil in all my equipment, i also run premium as taken from a recommendation from my dealer. I ran my 750 all season and i was doing was checkin the air filter once a week. It's been stayin clean in there too.

Other than gassing it up the only expense i had was $3.30 for a plug when the one it came from had some sort of defect and made it miss fire.

edit: it's a paper filter btw, just pop the two tabs up and take teh cover off, its easy as pie.

3. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first season. After one leaf job with the weedeater brand blower I bought the PB 650. It paid for itself on the first saturday. I would have never finished my second leaf job without it. I could not imagine not having this blower. Probably the best investment i've made so far. Customers are always amazed how quick i get done and how good it looks in such a short time.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Great blower, they are worth every penny IMO.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I try not to think when we DIDNT have them:nono:

6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have a RedMax but what John said.
    If it gets to heavy, just point the tube down.:D

7. Leaves and Lawns

Leaves and Lawns LawnSite Member
    from MA$$

what a great blower! got one and the money blew right in.who says"money does not grow on trees"

8. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

JW, be sure to use only Echo premium blend oil. My dealer told me they would only warranty the blower with that. And sure enough about two months ago i siezed up my new(in Apr) 650. They did some test's to make sure that the oil was the premium blend, and realized it was an air leak. not to happy about the whole deal but im a forgiving person. good luck w/ your new equiptment. Scott

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the 650 is an excellent machine. i would always use the echo oil in it. you cant go wrong-echo in echo. also...they are correct about warranty being vioded with other oils. make sure you actually read your waranty statement...you would be surprised at the wierd things that can throw in their.

good luck.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

No, I use the newest Stihl mix. It's got all the newest stuff in it, better than Echo's PowerBlend. My dealer warranties this new Stihl oil, cause that's what he tells me to buy.