just got my supplies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TREEGUARD, Mar 5, 2008.

1. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Just went out this morning & stocked up on some supplies spent about 800 in five minutes and people still want $20 weekly cuts. yeh right

2. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

did you go to vigliotti or bissett?

Last year I spent a buttload in one day at the spring sales, but a lot of the stuff I got was for use all year like shrub fert, edger blades, seed, yada yada yada

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I went over to the Vigliotti open house today. It was a mad house, so I'll mull over the specials and go back on Friday. The buffet was pretty good!

Oh, and PS: I dropped about $2700 on equipment... and no supplies! The Husqvarna rep is a good guy... helped me out. Purely by accident, I'll be a green and orange LCO... sorta goes with the whole Irish thing.

4. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Went over to phalen's first then viggs for weed wacker string can't beat the price 25.00 for a 5 lb spool so i bought 3 of them they have a great deal on the red max 7001 blower 389. if you pay cash or check i'll go back on friday for a couple

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll rent them a goat for $20 a week. But I'll have to add an extra $5 for the organic fertilizer. :drinkup:

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I've learned to skip the first day or two of the open house- then I'll stock up like a madman. Last year I got a pallet of lime and a pallet of peat, unloaded all by hand(with wheelbarrow) to my backyard then reloaded as needed. This year I'll pay a few bucks more and get it when I need it and eliminate the whole unloading and reloading thing as much as possible.

Hey Whitey- I'm green and orange (and red) too mostly. JD mowers and husqy handhelds and BPS. Redmax BPS for fall and spring clean-ups. Toro honda 21" mower. I used to have tons of echo stuff which was great 15 years ago and now I don't like so much.

Might do a hydro toro WB or stander to help the ol' wrists this year- I need a 36" so JD is out (boo) I've had my 36" JD gear drive since 1997 (I got a newer one about 5 years ago tho). They keep on tickin -I mean mowin'.

I hope it doesn't snow anymore- remember last spring- that was lame.

Long Island rules. Sometimes.