Just got some Atomic Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cgaengineer, Aug 2, 2007.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I thought I would share my opinion on these new blades. I have them installed on my 40" Toro T2 and I have to say I like them. They dont replace a mulching system with baffles, but they allow the grass to be cut finer and makes it easier to fall to the roots instead of sitting on the top of the lawn. I may still have to go over a few places with the mower or my blower (Especially the edges of driveways or gardens). On my rear fescue lawn the standard blades would toss out clumps every few feet, either when hitting a bump, or over an area with little or no grass. I can now cut this same lawn with Atomic blades and clippings are reduced to a fine mulch.

I am going to try installing a chute blocker and give this a try in hopes that it wont leave a a pile of clippings on the right side of the mower.

Over all I am happy to have purchased them.

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

you will still have piles on the right......

3. cgaengineer

Well I dont have piles on the right now, but figured it would leave piles on right if blocked off.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I use Atomic's on our Toro Groundsmaster 325D's. I like them alot, thick as well and stand up to staying sharp for a long time (even with me at the wheel lol).

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

yes I meant with the chute blocker

6. cgaengineer

Thats what I thought you meant.;)

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

I have never had great luck with cut quality and side discharging with any mulching type blade running as singles..... If I run doubles with hi-lifts then I have good results and good discharge.... That is on Toro 36", 48" and Standers.....