just got the meg-mow blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, Sep 25, 2006.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

After waiting a week and a half, the meg-mow blades are here. i only have ten lawns to do tomorrow, so i thought i would use them as a field test. I will post pics and results tomorrow for everyone to see and make thier own opinion.

2. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

what are meg-mow blades?

3. dcgreenspro

from PA

four small blades mounted but not stationary on a disk. I got em to try and eliminate double cutting and clumping.

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

What kind of mower do you have them on?

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'd love to try a set for sure! Unfortunately I don't think they have then for Dixons and if they did I'd have a hard time coughing up the big bucks for a set.

What ever hapened to megmo on here? He used to post constantly, are they even a sponsor anymore? (forgive me if they are, I have a ad blocker and can't see any on the banner ads at the top of the page, just blank to me!)

6. dcgreenspro

from PA

i have a deere 777 w/ 60. in deck 27 horse. He said he used to post on here all the time but the competetion in his neck of the woods was bad mouthing him, or so he said. he didn't want people getting the wrong impression, i think. Very nice guy to talk to.

7. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

not a question about the blades but i went to meg mo's site and under meg mo sys. there is a pic of a mower with a cutting deck attachment on the side. what is that exactly, whats it called

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I was gonna say a flex deck, but I just went to their site and see it there attached to a 36" WB, that's no flex deck... that's some other animal there.

green-felxdeck_0014.jpg

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I think it is something like the Noah Mowing System. Supposedly, you can trim and mow at the same time.

10. dcgreenspro

from PA

They aren't made for certain mower brands, just for sizes. It cost me 198.00 (bought a used set that were returned) and if all goes well, I will get a set for the 48 walkbehind.