Just got the Quick 36 Samurai in today!! Happy? not!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Houstonguy, May 16, 2008.

1. Houstonguy

Houstonguy LawnSite Member

Well I was so happy that I got it in. My brother-in-law and my younger brother went to go pick it up for me since I was at work. So we open the box and put her together, looks great and im excited!! So they are like crank her up and move it around see how she does. So I put some gas in it starts instantly and I put my hands on the handles and... Damn it!! were the first words out of my mouth. They are like "What!!" I said the freakin reverse lever is broken! I cant believe we didnt notice till this late in the process. I couldnt find the broken piece anywhere! Not in the box or anything. The wierd part is the packaging seems very sturdy and there was no damage to the cardboard. No broken piece anywhere to be found, and no damage to the packaging. First thing out of my brothers mouth " im no expert but I would say it was shipped like that" Anyways im not burning Better Outdoor Products in any way I have complete faith in them. Im sure they will do the right thing. I will be contacting them asap and testing out thier customer service. Just sucks not to be able to take her out tomorrow and mow my 2 lawns.

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

that sucks.

3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

No need to get all worked up, BOP is known for their outstanding customer service. However, it does suck you can't try out the new toy.

4. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you at least go forward?

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Nothing like mail order mowers...

Seems like buying a car on ebay...

6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you sure it comes with one? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. Houstonguy

Houstonguy LawnSite Member

you know I agree whoop in a way but I was a signature away from owning a 36" belt drive scag for 3k. I got this one for less then that with some extras. I demoed a scag wb and although they are built like tanks I still think I got a good bang for my buck. Yes Bill I can go forward. I am still going to try her out on my 1/4 acre lot I have. Its a wide open vacant lot and I wont need to back up. On a side note my cousin just got a house and the grass hasnt been cut in who knows how long. I would say it reaches my knees about 8-10 inches of thick dense grass and about 1 ft- 1 1/2 ft on the real high spots. In what way do you guys think I should test out this mower? Im pretty sure I would have to cut at least to half the length with the trimmer. At how many inches would you guys say its time to bring in the new mower?

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I would wait until after the first oil change before putting a whole lot of stress on a new engine. The first oil change is normally done at 5 hours (you did read the owner's manuals and install an hour meter right?).

10. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

you can push the go forward handle down and it will go in reverse. try it you'll like it